We keep our eyes on the Cheesecake Factory to know what kinds of cheesecake flavors we should be dreaming up in the Delish kitchen. This Funfetti-flavored one is part birthday cake, part cheesecake. The crust is made with the cake mix — you bake the cheesecake filling directly on top after it cools — and the cheesecake is topped with vanilla frosting.
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9” springform pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare Funfetti cake mix according to package instructions and pour about half of the batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Make cheesecake mixture: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until combined. Add eggs and beat until combined, then stir in sour cream and vanilla and fold in sprinkles.
- Pour cream cheese batter onto cooled cake and bake until cheesecake is slightly jiggly in the center, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. (Cheesecakes tend to crack if you don’t use a water bath. If you don’t want to use one, bake as directed. If you do want to use a water bath, double wrap the outside of the pan in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish. Place on oven rack and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up the pan. Bake as directed.)
- If not using a water bath: Remove pan from oven and run a knife around the inside of the pan to release the cheesecake. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack, then refrigerate until totally chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Pipe vanilla frosting along border of the cheesecake then garnish with more sprinkles. Slice and serve cold.