1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper, each halved and deseeded
450 mL vegetable stock
410 g. can chickpeas, drained
1 aubergine, diced
1/2 level tsp ground cumin
4 level tbsp roughly chopped flat-leafed parsley
1 level tbsp harissa paste
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. olive oil 1 onion, finely sliced
2 level tbsp tomato purée
- Preheat the grill and lay the peppers skin-side up on a baking sheet.
- Grill for around 5 mins or until the skin begins to blister and char.
- Put the peppers in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and put to one side.
- Peel the skins and discard. Slice the pepper and put to one side.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5-10 mins or until softened.
- Add the garlic, harissa, tomato purée and cumin and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the peppers to the pan with the aubergine. Stir everything to coat evenly with the spices and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the chickpeas and stock, season well and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 mins.
- Stir the parsley through the chickpea stew.